Friday, February 21, 2014

A Right Stinker

It may be only 10 am here on the Sunshine Coast and it is almost 32 degrees outside.  But inside the humidity level is in the mid 70's.  Outside is a little better humidity wise but in the house and in front of a fan is sensational!  In Melbourne they call it evaporative cooling!  Without a fan the inside of the house would be stifling.

A cooler southerly wind change this afternoon should lower the humidity level and give us temps back in the high 20's again for the early part of next week.

I hope you enjoyed the joke below, it was one I am able to put on my blog (so many of the jokes I get I can't put here) and it gets a laugh!  I am not too sure Trish thought it was that funny though!

With today's hot weather the pool is a great spot.  The water is around 28 degrees.  It may have been a fraction cooler last night around 10pm but Trish stayed in for around 30 minutes prior to hitting the sack!  I was already in bed after a quick swim as the cricket was on the radio from South Africa.

A couple of us have birthdays in February so yesterday 3 couples had lunch at the Headland Golf Club.  The view there is sensational.  This photo gives you an idea of the veranda we sat on while we ate and enjoyed a few drinks. The breeze was just glorious.

Remember click on the photo for a larger view then click on the "X" to return to this page.

This lower photo gives a bit more of an idea of what the view is like from the veranda.  The tall buildings in the distance are on the beach at Mooloolaba.

This evening we are out again.  This time it is for a dinner party with 4 other couples.  I am looking forward to it.

It has been a busy day already despite the heat.  It is Newsletter Delivery time.  This time I only had around 80 to deliver but I managed to get that out of the way by 7:30 before it got too hot.  Then I had the Notice Board down at the shops to update and finally I wanted to mow the front lawn.

In between time the PC played up as I hadn't uninstalled a program properly.  I was trying a new 'beta' version 2 of a malware program I like to use.  However I preferred the previous version 1.7 so I decided to backdate to the earlier version.  I uninstalled the version 2 and was asked to restart the computer.  I elected to do that later.  I reinstalled version 1.7 and shut down my computer.

When I restarted my computer this morning one one version of the malware program was trying to finalize the uninstall, the old version was trying to start up!  In the end nothing happened, the PC just froze!  Eventually I sorted it all out.

And last but not least I put another brew on this morning so the regulatory bottle washing and bottling will occur sometime next week.

Enjoy the joke below!

No comments: