Monday, March 03, 2014

A Busy Weekend

With a night out last Wednesday it was decided we wouldn't worry about Friday Night Drinks.  As we had friends Janet and Mick arriving lunchtime on Saturday this was a good idea.

I had been having problems getting this brew to finish so I could bottle it.  I eventually bottled on Saturday morning and even then it felt it could have been done a day or so later.  This was a brewing period of 8 days when sometimes it is OK to bottle after 5 days.  But this bottling was done first thing Saturday.  I arrived late at Computer Club but managed to see all those who needed help.  With guests arriving around lunch time I left Computer Club early.

You can guess what we got up to when our guests arrived.  The photo will give you a clue!  Janet is still recovering from major surgery she underwent following a nasty clash with cancer.  She wasn't her usual self but fortunately is on the way to full recovery.

As we don't wash the wine bottles out, they are not in the photo.  Needless to say we had a great Saturday.  Sunday wasn't quite as joyous as we recovered from our Saturday together.  But a lovely breakfast in town, a walk along the boardwalk and then a cruise through Sunday's markets made for a pleasant morning.

We enjoyed a few quiet drinks and a swim Sunday afternoon before walking to the Bellvista Tavern for tea.

Today Mick and I have completed a 13k bike ride and soon we will all be off to Headland Golf Club for lunch.

I have a Public Meeting to chair this evening for the Community Association so I will need to exercise some self control this afternoon.  The meeting should be pretty full on with all the recent helicopter activity and I expect some very angry people to be in attendance.

No comments: