Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Search For A Suitable Replacement!

Yesterday (Monday) was a public holiday here so it was a great day to stay at home!  The town was full of tourists making the most of an extremely hot day and a long weekend!  By hot I mean it was almost 38 degrees in our small enclosed backyard.  Despite being so hot the pool water was cooler than I thought it could have been.  You didn't stay in the pool long at all.

There was a great cricket match on TV as well so I must admit I spent a heap of time in front of the TV watching what turned out to be a very tense match.  The Victorians just got over the line with 2 wickets and several overs to spare.

Recently I received an email from a Cycle Store named Goldcross Cycles.  This is the shop where I bought my last bike several years ago.  They were offering a free very basic service on your bike and I had my bike booked in for a free service today.  The store was down near Mooloolaba so it was a great chance to have my free bike service and hunt around for a replacement for my favored 'Pool Sunseat".

We found a thing called an "Aquaduck" which instead of being an inflatable seat, was a bean bag style.  This had the advantage of never ever getting a puncture and would possibly handle the pool conditions and the hot sun better.

The previous model was actually a seat with a back.  This isn't, you really do just lie in it.  With this one you are sure in the water more and it doesn't seem to float as well.  This isn't a disadvantage!  You wouldn't believe the cost so I won't tell you.  This is also a little easier to 'store' when not in use. I gave it a test run when we got back home.

After dropping the bike off for its service Trish wanted to visit a 'material' store.  I visited the Ray's Outdoor store nearby and bought some slip on sandals.  They are made from leather and were less than 25% of the $89-99 price on the ticket attached.

From there it was to Maroochydore for a quick look around a "Big Buys" store.  We managed to find some odds and ends to spend money on before heading to Mooloolaba Surf Club for lunch.  For $14-50 we had a "Senior's Meal", open slather at the carvery for roast vegetables and a free pot of beer or glass of wine.  We both had "Fish and Chips" along with a liberal side serve of roast vegetables.  We will just be having sandwiches for tea tonight.

By this stage the bike was ready to collect and I just wanted to pop back into Big W for another pair of very inexpensive but incredibly comfortable shorts and a shirt which can be worn outside my trousers.

We eventually arrived back home mid afternoon.  It was a cooler but extremely pleasant 28 degrees or so and I am pleased to report the pool is beginning to retain its warmth a little more.  More hot weather is expected later in the week.

I have a Community Association Meeting to chair this evening.  Following the meeting we will be back into a couple of TV Series.  One is Series 4 of "The Tudors" and the other is "The Bridge".  Two episodes of one followed by two episodes of the other manages to fill the TV watching night in perfectly.

No comments: