Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Few Showers Later In The Day

Or so the forecast said!

But as you can see from the photo there aren't any showers anywhere around the Sunshine Coast 'later in the day' today!  As you can appreciate, it is extremely pleasant under the new 'shelter'.

We had a top in the high 20's along with a gusty easterly wind.  That means dust off the new estate and I will need to vacuum the pool tomorrow morning!

And the forecast thunder storms the other day turned out to be a figment of someone's imagination.  The pavers around the pool got wet but there wasn't enough rain in the gauge to record any rainfall.

My back is improving each day.  Right now, as long as I am careful, everything is fine.  I remain a little cautious first thing in the day but after a 30 minutes and two "Osteo-Eze" I am fine.  I have been bike riding my 12 or 13 k's each day without a problem.

You probably won't notice but the old gazebo which used to live under the back patio near my bike is no longer there.  I am $75 richer and a young guy has a great shelter to take with him and his family when camping.  Not a bad website that "Gum Tree"!

I have been doing a lot of helping with friends in Melbourne with their phone setup.  They have purchased their Huawei Y300 from the Telstra Shop, they have bought and activated their $20 per month Telechoice sim card but right now the two won't talk to each other.

It seems the phone is 'locked' but everyone else who has bought a Huawei Y300 from the Telstra shop has just popped their Telechoice sim card into it and it works fine.

Telechoice uses the Telstra network so it works in a Telstra network locked phone.

I have a brew on right now.  However there is an air leak in it somewhere so there are no bubbles through the air lock.  This should have no effect on the beer brewing inside (I hope) but it seems I may need a new barrel.  I have replaced the air lock itself and the seal under the lid.  I have replaced the grommet around the air lock but still no bubbles!  I did a hydrometer test of it today and the measurements indicate the brew is progressing nicely.

I may be up for a new barrel in the next week or so.

Drinks were very pleasant last night.  We only had Ian and Kerrie join us but it was quality rather than quantity!  It was lots of fun!

Computer Club was busy this morning with a range of problems.  The older member who bought a new laptop the other day had a problem, she could find the power switch to turn it on.

It is in a tricky spot but we found it.  She had the quick start guide which showed where the switch was but she didn't look at that.

No comments: