Wednesday, October 23, 2013

All Quiet On The Northern Front

Very quiet in our little area the last day or so.  A gorgeous day though today, low 30's but a gusty north wind.  The gusty wind indicates a cooler change is on the way with something called "Possible Storms" predicted for tomorrow.  I will need to get the dictionary out as I can't remember what anything to do with rain actually means it has been so long since we had any rain to speak of.

The pool is a lot warmer now which makes my morning swim quite pleasant.  I did again get my 12+k bike ride in this morning and enjoyed the swim which followed.

Yesterday Trish had her trip to the doctor to update her prescriptions.  Whilst with the GP she mentioned my crook back to her and got me a form to have an X-Ray done.  I am back to the GP on Tuesday.  This is exactly what my back needed!  The improvement in it since I heard I was having an X-Ray has been very noticeable.  After I wake I have a quick stretch and flex while in bed and I can move reasonably easily.  After 30 minutes or so it feels pretty good.

But I will have the X-Ray tomorrow just in case.

While Trish was at the doctor's I helped a Computer Club member (Daphne is 85) set up her new Windows 8 laptop.  It is now usable for her as I added a Start Button and ensured it always opened at the Windows 8 Desktop.  Now it runs very similarly to her previous laptop which was Windows 7.

From there it was to the Home Brew shop to stack up on brews.  I was delighted to find a $50 credit waiting for me from someone I helped with their laptop and their home network.  I will put another brew on tomorrow.

If anyone is after a cheap but reasonable laptop have a look at this. (Click HERE).  This seems a pretty good deal to me from "Dick Smith".

It is $499 but it seems there is a $79 cash back deal on it as well.  There is only 'on board' graphics with this and the screen is just OK, not hi res or anything, nothing brilliant from what the comments say.  However if you are after a new laptop for everyday use this seems a great buy.

No comments: