Sunday, October 06, 2013

All Quiet On The Sunny Coast

Warm weather has again returned to our part of the world with it expected to get to low to mid 30's today.  However several recent very cool nights with temps in the low teens means the pool loses any heat overnight that it has gained the previous day.  It was a little over 21 degrees in the pool this morning after my bike ride.

It is quiet on TV now without any AFL footy on to watch.  Tonight is the NRL Rugby League Grand Final which can be like watching a version of cross country wrestling!
 
Those who have visited us here may remember my inflatable seat I have used in the pool.  It was a gift and it has lasted me years.  Unfortunately, as with many things around the pool, time has caused it to wear and become less resilient to grand kids.

James put his foot through the cloth insert recently during their stay and despite sewing it up again it looks like it is only a temporary fix.

Currently it is still able to be used but now a "ladder" has appeared in the cloth as well.  You can no longer purchase this model/brand here anymore.  It is a U.S. brand and if I wanted a 'like for like' replacement I will need to purchase one from overseas.

Computer Club was reasonably quiet yesterday with me being able to help most people.  However there was a smaller crowd there and I was able to get home well before lunch.

Last night we watched a movie called "The Heat" starring Sandra Bullock.  Though not a high 'scoring' movie Trish and I sure got a few chuckles out of it.

It is a holiday here tomorrow for Labor Day.  And for me the cricket is back on TV again.  Unfortunately the forecast from Sydney (where the current matches are being played) is not that positive for playing cricket.

No comments: