Friday, October 11, 2013

Another Hot Day

The temp gauge is saying it is almost 37 degrees out back right now.  We have the house locked up "Melbourne Heatwave Style", a big change from what we used to do where we left the place wide open to catch the breezes.  We do have very hot westerlies at the moment which isn't our usual 'summer' wind at all.  For example, the humidity level is around 25% when in the middle of summer that is more like 65%.

It is same old same old.  Trish off to Stitchers or Quilters, Les riding on his bike and having an early morning swim.  We had a couple of 12 degree nights so the water in the pool is again 'brisk'.

We badly need rain as the photo shows.  The most we have had in a day since our return from Melbourne well over three weeks ago is a couple of mls.  The grass crackles beneath your feet as you walk over it.

A cool change is due later so tomorrow will be about 27 or so.  But it gets back to hot again on Sunday.

I had a very busy Wednesday.  The Community Association Committee Meeting from the night before required a report to go on the website and that is always a big task for me.  But also on Wednesday not only did I wash bottles for my home brew, I bottled as well.

There has been lots of cricket on TV which I have enjoyed a great deal.

I have been riding most mornings.  The bike works extra well after the 'free' service the other day.  I am very pleased with it.

I hope you enjoyed the Abbott and Costello joke below, I thought it was very clever.

There may or may not be drinks later today.  One couple is away while the other couple have a lunch commitment and don't know if they will be back in time.  I think they are keen to get here though.  It isn't a problem as there is cricket on TV today and the next two days as well.

We only have a few episodes to go of The Tudors and The Bridge.  It has been good watching two very different stories together.  It breaks the night up perfectly.  

No comments: