Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Back Hassles

The bike has been put in limbo, the Osteoeze and Mobic are sitting on the kitchen bench and I am moving very slowly.

My problem back flared up recently giving me incredible discomfort.  Usually a trip to the Chiro is enough to 'fix' me but despite a visit there yesterday, I remain extremely tender even today.  The ice and heat packs are being put to use frequently and right now I feel "OK".

After the morning tablets take effect I can get around but I just need to watch what I do.  Hopefully taking it easy for next day or so will see things improve.  I am better today than yesterday and hopefully I will be fine in another day or so.

We did get to Kawana Tavern for lunch yesterday (Tuesday) with friends Ian and Kerrie.  They drove so it took some pressure off.  The Tavern is a pretty spot right on the Marina.  The food was OK but not cheap nor filling.  But on the upside, they did have Carlton Draught on tap.

Trish has been busy with Arts Centre stuff all Monday.  Tuesday was a little quieter and today Wednesday she is right back into it.  Today is Stitchers and she as President has the whole morning to 'run'.  Meanwhile I am hobbling around at home!

We are heading out to tea tonight at a local Thai Restaurant called 'Thai Lime Twist' again with Ian and Kerrie.  The food there is quite OK and inexpensive.  It should be very enjoyable.

We enjoyed the end of both of the TV series we have been watching recently.  The Tudors and The Bridge (US) were great.  Last night we watched a couple of movies for a change.  One was "Lovelace" based on the book and life of Linda Lovelace.  It was very interesting and certainly casts her in a different light.

The other was quite OK as well and called "The East".  It told of how a government supported group would infiltrate resistance groups in the US to help block attacks on large businesses.  It was entertaining enough.

We have live TV coverage on Pay TV of Australia V India One Day Cricket Series currently being played over there.  After our night out tonight I will have a good look at tonight's Game 2 in the series.

Tonight's match is being played in Jaipur in India, a city which Trish and I visited when there around 20 years ago.

No comments: