Monday, October 21, 2013

A Delightful Day


Recently I set the "Waeco" portable fridge up just outside the back door.  In the past it has gone inside the back door but it can be a little noisy and really put out some heat when stocked up with drinks to cool.

We bought the Waeco for the caravan when we had it 10 years ago as we were finding chilling drinks in the caravan fridge was a 24 hour job.  The Waeco would do the same job in a few hours.  Rather than just having it sit there doing nothing after we sold the caravan, we use it during summer to chill drinks especially for when the pool is in use.

So it was all set up and laden with home brew and soft drinks.  The temp adjustment didn't want to work when I first set it up but after several goes the indicator lights were moving and all 'seemed' OK.  After around 12 hours or so the drinks did seem to be very cold indeed and I began to suspect something wasn't right.

When a can or two went like the one in the photo left I knew there was a problem.  The Waeco is currently at the Waeco Agent here on the Sunshine Coast where he suspects the thermostat probably needs replacement at a cost of around $180! 

Then the soft drink cans won't look like this one!

It is a glorious day outside right now, high 20's heaps of sunshine and a tempering breeze.  My back is slightly better but not much.  Yesterday I delivered 125 of the Community Association newsletters and today I did the last 50 or so.  Then it was off on a 8.5k bike ride.

My back causes concern when I twist or lean forward.  Putting my shorts on first thing in the morning is torturous!  I can really hurt if I am not prepared for it.  After I have warmed up a little, it isn't too bad.  After a Mobic tablet it is just sensational for a couple of hours!

No comments: