Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Waiting!

The weather yesterday (Mon) was a warm 25 degrees with the wind blowing in off the sea. Today will be a little chillier with the wind around to the south-west again and an expected top temp of 22 degrees. My ride this morning was a little on the brisk side.

I have two cousins, Garry and Phillip sons of my recently departed uncle in Canberra. I only caught up with Garry 8 years ago when we were on our 8 month caravan trip. Garry and Marie live around 160k's north of us. Garry is a year or so older than me while Phil is a couple of years younger. Both have lived 'hard' lives.

For a while they worked together as roof tilers in Darwin.

Currently the younger cousin Phil is in Intensive Care at Monash hospital in Melbourne. Phil's organs have shut down following an operation he had on the weekend and he isn't doing well. Every time the phone rings I prepare for the worst and think about jumping online to grab tickets to fly down to Melbourne.

This meant yesterday was extremely busy getting a week's chores out of the way in case I have to drop everything suddenly and 'go'.

Our local Community association has been busy the last day or so and now as President I am in the thick of all of the action. Great day yesterday as we had a couple of 'wins'. All the news from BeCA is HERE.

Today saw me off to Centrelink to sort out a couple of minor issues seeing now I am a "Pensioner". Trish's work as a Street Walker (Census Collector) means I have to inform centrelink that she is doing some work.

I will continue to sit back and wait for the phone to ring!

No comments: