Sunday, August 21, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

I am back at home on the Sunshine Coast and it seems the grey skies have followed me. I managed my 12k bike ride today under threatening skies. Since then the skies have opened as the photo shows. It is very cool as well!

It has been so dry recently. Trish even had to 'top up' the pool while I was down in Melbourne. However after around 8mls so far today the pool is back to full again. The water diverter is excellent in getting the best for the pool from a relatively minor fall of rain.

The funeral on Friday morning went as expected and it was great to meet some of Phil's friends as well as his relatives from the the other side of his family. It was a no frills no holds barred affair. It spoke openly about his flirts with the law and how he had become heroin dependent. But he was best known as a happy guy and a good hardworking mate who loved to make people laugh.

I spent my final night in Melbourne with Chris Wendy and family. Chris enjoys his footy so there was plenty to do and talk about.

Trish was waiting at Brisbane Airport to pick me up and it was well before 6 pm when we drove into our Caloundra garage.

I have just had a phone call from Max Lanyon who is caravaning in this neck of the woods. He may be dropping in this afternoon to watch some footy. Max was one of the mates who I would meet each Saturday at Waverley (AFL Park) to watch the football quite some time ago now.

Max's lovely wife Margaret really enjoys my "Black Ale" so I must check I have plenty in the fridge!


No comments: