Monday, August 22, 2011

Cool With Showers

This is the weather forecast for the rest of this week. However it is expected to improve as the week continues. Yesterday and overnight has seen us experience the second wettest day since mid April. It has been very dry and this rain is a godsend for gardens everywhere. As the photo shows, the showery weather is to continue today.

I have updated the rainfall sheet with the latest recordings which you can see here. Make sure you click on Q3 (bottom left of your screen) for the third quarter records.

Needless to say with yesterday being my first full day at home for a few days, the PC had a bit of a workout. However this was not without some drama. The powerboard you can see in the photo left WAS the one I used to use. I turned a switch on and there was a flash and a burning smell. The bad switch is the one third from the right.

I made a quick trip to our local "Bunnings" and bought a safer new replacement. I like the idea of individual switches for devices on powerboards as I really like to turn devices 'off' and not have them in standby. This is especially true for the PC. By turning the power right off via a switch means the PC totally shuts down and when it restarts it fully 'resets' and has a clean startup.

All is a little safer now.

My Movie Collection have been updated and the latest episodes of weekly programs have been completed. I have also downloaded the new "Underbelly" and we will watch that at our leisure.

Last night we watched "Fast & Furious 5". There was plenty of action and it was a bit of fun to watch. It was a great copy as well.

No comments: