Thursday, August 18, 2011

It Isn't too Grey Outside

Thursday morning in Melbourne and it is a little overcast. Temp would be in the low teens I guess. Kate and Arj are off to school along with Charli. James is at Kinder this morning and I am about to head off and catch up with friends Pat and Graeme.

My flight down was delayed by about 20 minutes so it wasn't too bad. There wasn't an empty seat on the Qantas flight out of Brisbane. I was picked up by Kim and we found our way to my brother's home where I was to stay the night. We had a lovely Italian meal and enjoyed a few drinks. On Wednesday morning Geoff's wife Jeannette dropped me near the Dandenong Club where Kate picked me up on her way to swimming with young James.

During the afternoon I caught up with friends Gordon and Anne and enjoyed a chat, some computer stuff and a couple of beers. Wednesday evening was spent at the HoaTran Restaurant in Springvale. I was joined by Kim, Geoff and Jeannette as well as Eddie and Patsy Reardon. We had too much to eat but a wonderful feast. It is one of my favorite restaurants when in Melbourne.

I had a little sleep in this morning before the two grand kids wanted to join me in bed! Tonight it is Malaysia Garden Restaurant with Kate and family and Kim will be there as well.

The funeral of my cousin is at 10:30 tomorrow morning. Afterwards we will have a small get together before I head over to Chris' place to watch the footy on TV and stay the night.

I fly home just after lunch Saturday.

Our little car we have here in Melbourne has cost us so much recently with repairs. This trip it is running perfectly. The tyres are now pumped up, the fuel tank is full and the radiator has been topped up. It will stay at Chris' place for Trish to have when she flies down in October for a couple of weeks.

No comments: