Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday

Trish had her day at Stitchers yesterday morning and I spent time on the computer visiting my 'regular' sites. We did a 14k bike ride today and the pics in the the post today were all taken while on the ride. Tonight we are off to the Caloundra Events Centre to see a Paul Kelly concert. It should be great.

On Friday evening I was recording a TV program via my computer. The house lights flickered and the Audio Visual Receiver clicked off! Usually the microwave goes off too but not this time. I checked the PC and saw it was restarting so the electrical problem must have been enough to turn the PC off too. It seemed to restart OK but as I had missed 5 minutes of recording I didn't worry about the show I was recording.

From then on my PC problems happened. The screen stopped working and the PC would not readily start up or turn off. I may have to restart it several times before it would boot up OK. I got the screen working again via a different connection at the back of the PC. After a couple of days the computer seemed to settle down and start OK but would hang right at the end of "Shut Down".

Yesterday I had a look at the TV recording program I have installed on my PC and saw that all my TV tuned stations had been wiped so I had to reset it all up again. Since then the PC has been starting up and shutting down perfectly. Hopefully my problems are over.

Our ride this morning was down to Pumicestone Passage. There were 3 of us riding this morning. The top pic is where we ride on the roadway behind the airport, the middle pic is the pathway and the bottom pic is today's view across Pumicestone Passage.

We have two printers, the second we bought after my scanner died. This printer (MP210) is an all-in-one printer and scanner and cost about $60. Needless to say the replacement ink cartridges cost a total of $80! The other printer (i350)used cheap refills I can get off eBay at about $2 each! I started to get an error message on the i350 saying the Overflow Tank was full. I have since learned that means you have to throw the printer away as it cannot be repaired ... planned obsolescence. It went into the bin yesterday!

I bought a spare 'Black" refill for the MP210 which cost $40! The color refill costs even more at $43. However a little research indicates I can have them both 'refilled' for about $40! Still a lot dearer than my i350 refills at $2 each.

No comments: