Wednesday, April 15, 2009

At Last, A Dry Day

We had another four inches of rain on Monday, 108mls to be exact! That now makes a total of 474mls for April or a whisker under 19 inches! That is a lot of rain! Today was a warm 29 degrees so needless to say after the rain it is very steamy. One of the towns just inland was flooded for the second time in two weeks!

On Sunday evening we had a beaut BBQ with new people I have met through the Community Association. A bit of 10 pin bowling on the Wii was a bit of fun too. Monday was spent indoors out of the rain. We managed to watch a movie or two I had downloaded on the TV.

On Tuesday it was a bit of forced day out after being stuck inside the previous day. We went to a Shopping Centre for a bit of grocery shopping and a good look round.

Today Trish was to her "Stitchers" while I went around to a bloke's place to help him with his laptop. He is older than me and has had his laptop for a couple of months so he was eager to learn. Then they gave both Trish and me a lovely roast lunch.

When we arrived back at home it appears my PC had suffered a bit of a shock. It was sssslllloooooowwwww! It appears several movie files I was downloading became corrupted and as long as they were on the desktop, things would remain slow! I eventually got them onto an external drive and was able to rename them to what they should have been via Trish's laptop!

I got a scare, believe me! Right now all is running perfectly again. I also did a System Restore but that did not seem to do anything! We will just have to wait and see how it goes. Everything is backed up!

No comments: