Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Sunny Sunday

There is hardly a cloud in the sky and there isn't a ml in the rain gauge. After experiencing 475mls (19 inches) of rain in the first two weeks or so of April the skies have cleared and warm sunny weather has returned to the Sunshine Coast. We are expecting 26 or so today so it will be a lovely day.

The printer had decided to play up yesterday. I was getting a message saying a waste ink absorber was full and needed to be emptied. However this was a $75 job at your nearest Canon repairer. I think it is a part of planned obsolescence. I found a little program on the net which got rid of the 'warning' every time I went to print. This morning we tried to mop all the excess ink from the 'pads'. We put it back together again but everything did not go perfectly, the printer now prints OK but sounds a bit like a truck!

I mixed another brew of beer on Friday and again I put half a lemon in. It will be a refreshing drink with the added lemon. I tidied up around the house, mowed lawns and washed the car. Then it was time for a quick and brisk swim. Swimming season is just about over. I now have a bottle washing session due for early in the week ready for a bottling about Thursday if all goes to plan.

Saturday it was back to Computer Club to help a few people out. My new bike riding mate Tony came with me and it looks like he will become a more involved. He found it very interesting. This morning we rode down to Pumicestone Passage and enjoyed a great view. Altogether we did over 13k's today.

I have the inside of the car to clean today and a few other jobs like tidying the BBQ etc.

It seems our young family next door will be moving out in about a month. Her parents have arrived up from Melbourne (Mooroolbark) and are planning to live here. They are looking for a dual occupancy place. So we have 4 adults and 2 kids next door right now. We won't miss the loud music, the noisy kids and the raised voices when they go.

I have had a couple of chats with the "Dad". He and his wife are one eyed Collingwood fans so we had plenty of footy to discuss.

Trish's footy team Hawthorn (which beat my team to win the premiership in 2008) was beaten again yesterday. They are off to a shocker of a start to the season. My team had a good win last night. Nearly all of this week's matches are available to us live on TV this weekend so my chores need to be out of the way by lunchtime!

No comments: