Wednesday, April 08, 2009

No Rain To Report

Life has moved into "recovery Mode" following Rainy's return to Melbourne. Our meals have dropped in size and certainly the number of wines Trish has enjoyed recently has dropped as well. A few heavy showers on Tuesday night still left over an inch in the rain gauge. There was half a ml there today (2 points), not worth recording!

So far in April we have had almost 13 inches of rain.

It has been a PC couple of days for me. Another member of the Computer Club had a problem with his computer so I went around to do an XP System Repair Install for him on Monday. However the computer's behaviour was very strange and not at all how I had expected it to be. We decided to go down the Warranty road to have it repaired. He had bought it at a shop called IT Warehouse in December 2008. That chain of stores no longer exist in Queensland so all repair work has to be done interstate.

I went back to his place again today and this time we were given a couple of diagnostic programs to run on his sick PC. As it turns out the Hard Drive is not responding. This could be a power problem, a lead problem or his hard drive has died. Looks like it is going down to Melbourne for repair!

Then yesterday while Trish was on "Tourist Information Service" another mate came around to investigate downloading and showing movies from over the internet. It was a bit of fun!I reckon I should be selling these. About 8 people from the Computer Club have bought them, mainly for showing movies downloaded from the internet.

Temps the last day or so have been cool for us. Yesterday was a grey, cloudy, 24 degrees. Later in the afternoon I reached for my Bazza Shirt, the first sign that winter is on its way. With today being dry, I managed a 10k bike ride this morning. There was a nip in the air and about 18 degrees.

Hopefully I will catch up with another mate tomorrow morning and we will do the 10k ride together if weather permits.

No comments: