Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And Now The Bottles Have Been Washed

Tuesday, another glorious sunny day with temps to get to the mid 20's after a coolish 14 overnight.

I rode on my own yesterday but this morning my 'mate' Tony joined me. There are some very pretty spots around where we live and the photo to the left is a great example of that. This pathway winds its way beside a creek and connects a park to a small side street.

However we can still see what remains of the very heavy rain we received at the beginning of the month as this photo shows. This is the wettest part of today's ride and it has dried up quite a lot from even a few days ago but it is still a bit sloppy!

Remember to get a bigger view of each photo you can click on the photo but remember to click on "Back" to return to this page.

I have just finishing washing 30 bottles for next bottling and they are currently drying in the sunshine. Trish is doing a half day volunteer work at the local Tourist Information Centre

At last I had a ring from the guy who is looking after my paving concerns. With the tougher economical times his company have added further responsibilities to him so he is a lot busier nowadays. He is collecting a sample damaged paver from me in early May to take to the manufacturer for them to see what has happened. His call to me made my day!

Our estate continues to grow with most blocks now sold. Houses continue to be built but not quite as many as there were during the building boom time. We had a Community association Meeting last night (Tony is the Secretary) and we had a bit of a chat about issues relating to the meeting timetable for the next few months. We aim to give people as much warning as possible so they can mark their calendars and make sure they get along. The thought is the next big "Community" meeting be conducted on a Saturday with a BBQ.

Tonight Trish and I are going to "Spirit Of Tibet" in Mooloolaba for dinner. One of the guys from the Computer Club is after a bit of help with setting up movie downloads and his WDTV Media Player. He loves hot spicy food too so the "Spirit" is a great place for us to head out tonight.

No comments: