Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday And We Go Snorkeling In The Red Sea

Arj, Kate and family had always wanted to do a day's snorkeling out in the Red Sea so they waited for a special occasion before they headed out. The special occasion turned out to be when we came for a visit.

The boat was sensational, food, staff and a safety officer all provided.  Needless to say there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temp was around the high 30's.

So off set at around 9 am.  We arrived way out at "Aquarium 1" reef in the middle of the Red sea around 10:00 am where we all donned our snorkeling attire and ready to enter the sea all under close and strict supervision.  It looked like a long swim so I decided I would just hang about at the end of the boat and cool off.  I had my own rescue safety ring tied to the rear of the boat.

I gave myself a decent belt on the side of the head when getting into the thing (it is a heavy solid plastic) and since then my hearing hasn't been too good.

They all headed off for an underwater look at the reef.  Trish's coughing caused her to return to the boat shortly afterwards.  We just cooled off at the rear of the boat.  They were amazed at all the fish they saw and had a great time during their 40minute snorkeling adventure.

The water was a little choppy and even while in the water I began to feel a little the worse for wear.  This didn't improve when I hopped back onto the boat, my stomach, choppy water and the boat standing still is not a good mix for my tummy.

Once we were on our way again things settled very quickly as usual.

Trish, Kate and kids have headed to the "Rec Club" while Arj and I sat at home and endured Swans and Carlton on TV. Arj is a Carlton man and the last few weeks have been tough for him to watch.

My ear has made a couple of pops and the hearing level is ever so slightly better.  I am hopeful time will get things back to normal.

Trish has done a fantastic job despite still suffering from a queasy tummy.

Tomorrow is our last full day at KAUST.

No comments: