Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Hump Day

It is the middle of the week.All the kids roundabout have gone back to school so it is a little quieter outdoors.  We have high 20's today and the pool is sneaking up to 25º which isn't too bad.

I have been bike riding each morning and enjoying a swim when I get back home.  As the pool loses a fair bit of what ever heat it gained overnight, the pool is always at its coolest upon my return from a ride.

It has been quite dry lately, so much so that I actually topped the pool up this morning from the tap.  The water level was getting down a bit and a refill was required.  There isn't any rain on the horizon, just a faint possibility of a shower or two over the weekend.

Needless to say I spent a fair bit of time messing around on my computer, just fine tuning things a little so the jobs I want it to do are just a little bit easier next time.

I have just installed a program called "Feed Demon" which I use to monitor what new movie and TV show files are available to download.  This new program does most things pretty well, but only slightly better than what the previous program did.

Tuesday afternoon we headed into Caloundra to have passport photos taken getting ready to head to Saudi Arabia in April 2015.  After the photos we headed to Bulcock's Beach and found this delightful little spot.

And guess what, they sold cold drinks there as well.  But it is a pretty spot.

My cheap phone from China doesn't take the best photos but I think you get the idea!

As I said the other day, the one day cricket is back on TV again.  That is playing on the TV near my PC now as I type.  Regretfully today's game isn't that close.  Previously I was watching the game in the lounge room!

The little black box near the centre speaker is the media player.  Stuck behind the TV and the centre speaker is a 500mb hard disk drive which holds all the movies and TV stuff we are watching.

I got the movie "Jersey Boys" yesterday so I guess after we get home tonight we will be watching that!  If the weather remains nice and warm we will get a table outside tonight at a small Thai place we have rediscovered.  We went there recently with friends Gordon, Anne and Graeme who were all visiting from Melbourne back in August!

No comments: