Saturday, October 04, 2014

Latest From Saudi

Arj has just updated his blog.

Check out his latest observations from KAUST, around 60k north of Jeddah.

http://behindthekeyboard.global2.vic.edu.au/

Many years ago (the late seventies to be exact) I took my family to live in Malaysia for a couple of years.  It was a life changing experience for us all.  To be actually living in another foreign country where the rights I just took for granted in Australia weren't quite the same.

Being a Muslim country also was a new experience for us.  But that experience had an incredible impact on us and I believe it made me and my family more aware and respectful that people are people where ever you go.

I sympathize strongly with Arj's comments on acts which show a lack of understanding in our country Australia.

No comments: