Monday, October 06, 2014

Daylight Saving Starts South Of The Border

Daylight saving started in NSW, Victoria and some other states overnight into Sunday here in Australia.  That now means when it says 10am here in Queensland, it is 11am in NSW and Victoria!

We have already had one daylight saving time stuff up!  Last night was the Grand Final of the Australian Rugby League Competition.  Though not a huge fan of the sport, it is the major footy code here in this state.  Being the Grand Final I usually check it all out and watch the game.

I checked out the starting time and saw it was on TV around 8pm.  What didn't click was it was 8pm N.S.W. time which translated to 7pm Queensland time.  So when I turned the TV over at around 8:15pm I was surprised to see the game was into the 67th minute!

Neither Trish nor myself was heartbroken that we had missed around 3/4 of the game.

Today is a Public holiday here in Queensland.  It is the day they celebrate Labour Day.  In Victoria labour day is in May!  They have it here to provide a break at this time of year rather than the holiday cluttered time earlier in the year.

Another gorgeous day today with a top around 27º.  The pool was 22º when I had my quick swim after my bike ride this morning.

And this afternoon we have a One Day cricket match live on FTA TV.  My rest of the day is now sorted!

No comments: