Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sport On TV

The beginning of the "World Cup" soccer from Brazil is surely taking up some of my TV Sport watching time.  I usually wander out in the dark around 6:00 am and turn the TV on.  Today Sunday there are three matches for me to watch with the last game finishing just before 1pm.  This is handy as the live coverage of the AFL begins soon after 1!

The PC has continued to operate OK.  It does have its moments though when things seem to 'hang'.  The PC has an up market 'video card' in it which needs a special program (or driver) to run it.  I have updated the video card program this morning and see if I can stop the 'hanging'.

Sometimes I get the error message "Windows Explorer has stopped working." The message looks a little like the one in the photo left.  After about a minute all my icons and things come back and everything is back to normal.

But the computer just 'hangs there' seemingly doing absolutely nothing at all.  This does cause some heart palpitations!

Having a couple of other computers around the place is handy as well.  I haven't been as good as I should have been with saving some of the small files I use.  Often they are just copied into a folder on one of the other laptops.  I can easily then just go and copy/paste the missing file across to my PC via the wireless network.

Computer Club was busy yesterday.  An elderly lady was having problems.  I put a copy of Malwarebytes on her laptop to do a scan for any malware and then clean it up for her.  On a 'badly infected' computer I may get 200 files to repair or delete.  On her laptop I got nearly 1600 files.

The only way to effectively clean the mess up is to reformat it. This we did yesterday and it is again up and running.  However now she needs to go home and find the password to get into her home wireless network.  Things never go 100% smoothly when attempting a reformat!

It is a coolish but sunny day today with a top around 21 or so. This follows on from a cloudy and drizzly day yesterday when we got around 2mls of rain.  Cold overnight temperatures are due on Monday when the prevailing wind swings around to the south-west and it will bring cold dry wintry air in for the centre of the continent.  Days will be sunny but 'crisp'.

Bike riding operations will need to be modified.

My brother has arrived at Woodgate Beach with his caravan.  It was a little wet when he sent a text message through late yesterday saying it looked a great place to stay when the weather fines up.  The sun is out again today.

I saw this on one of the websites I like to visit. 

It is a Dell $17,000 15" laptop dropped back to $1,000, a $700 saving. It has the latest i7 processor, 16GB of ram, a graphics card and a 1TB hard drive.

It is top of the range and on special for just a few more days.  Check it out  HERE .

No comments: