Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Warmer Saturday Morning

It is around 12 degrees this morning, much better than the 4 and 5 degrees we have had the last couple of mornings.  However these cold mornings have finished up with glorious sunny days around 24 or so.

Yesterday's bike ride took place around mid morning when the temeperature was approaching 20 degrees.

There isn't a lot of news about the place.

My PC continues to gallop along fine (Touch wood!) and do all the things it should do.  Trish's new laptop is a little gem and works beautifully.

The reformatted Dell Laptop is working well too.  It isn't as good as the new one and even though it is working fine right now, at around 5 years old its days should be numbered!  The battery died in it around Christmas and we never bothered with a replacement, electing to run it off the mains power instead.

However a little search on eBay found a 'replacement' (new) at $20 so I have sent for it.  It is just nice to be able to take a laptop with me on those very rare occasions when to have one would be handy.

A mate is having a problem with his older laptop and his media player 'talking' to each other.  Is the problem the media player, the modem router or the old laptop?  If I had the reformatted Dell laptop with me we could have narrowed down the problem quite quickly.

I have computer club this morning.

My footy team has brought back memories of those panic attacks I suffered when I was working!  I reckon I almost suffered several more attacks last night while watching the game from Melbourne on TV.  Fortunately they responded to win a close match. 

I did get another brew on yesterday morning.  That is the third brew that has gone on in three weeks.  I have made an 'extra' batch to take to Melbourne with me in a couple of week's time.  The photo above shows the brew bubbling away.

It needs the heat pad and the old trakkie top to stop the brew getting too cool.  Some warmth is required (28 degrees) to ensure the yeast works effectively.

No comments: