Thursday, June 12, 2014

Catastrophes 1 and 2!

Now what would really upset young Les Thomas.  I think I know; either his computer died or the internet has been disconnected!

I have endured both catastrophes since I last posted on this blog. And both in the last 24 hours!

This post is coming from my totally reformatted PC.  I started around 4pm yesterday afternoon and it is getting close to being finished over the next day or so.

I am just so pleased I am so meticulous with my backing up.  This did make getting things back to the way they were a lot easier.

My PC was beginning to get bogged down and would stop working for a minute or so while it caught its breath.  Now it starts more quickly, shuts down OK and does what it is meant to do much much better.

This blog is being 'done' on the reformatted PC.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to install Windows 7 again after the PC just wouldn't boot up at all.  Windows 7 is an older much updated system nowadays so after installing, it did around 750mb of updates!  After I put Office 2010 on today it did another 450mb of updates.

I was busy working this morning getting things up and running and saw the internet had gone off again at around 7:30 am.  Unlike other occasions recently, it did not return.  About 8:15 I was on the phone to Internode my ISP.  The Tech Guy saw it was a real problem and not something I had done.  It was a Telstra job!  By 10:15 we were online again.

My brother Geoff and his wife Jeannette are in the area in their van.  As they have dogs they have to find a dog friendly park nearby.  Most Caravan Parks in this area don't need to take dogs etc, they are popular enough. 

Geoff is staying at Mudjimba near the airport so they are 30 minutes from us.

We caught up for drinks on Tuesday, lunch at the gorgeous Headland Golf Club on Wednesday and tonight we are meeting at The Curry Bowl for tea.

They head off further north tomorrow!

I will be sleeping very well indeed after a hectic 24 hours just gone.  A couple of beers tonight and a curry will ensure I sleep OK.

No comments: