Sunday, June 01, 2014

A Quiet And Cool Sunday

No, I am not sick of curried snags just yet!  It is certainly handy just to wander over, load up a container of curried snags and put it through the microwave oven for a quick and tasty meal.  Add a couple of pieces of toast, some chilli and a man is in food heaven I reckon.

It is an overcast and coolish day.  Hopefully we will get some sun later and an expected top of 25.  The new young neighbour isn't real flash on mowing just yet as the photo shows

Saturday turned out to be a Computer Day (surprise, surprise?).  My "calendar" on my phone indicated the footy didn't start on TV till 3:15 so this determined my day.  Another older guy from the Computer Club also bought a laptop from the same place I bought mine (in an online store in Brisbane).

He got it started up OK but needed a few add-ons to make it a little more friendly for him to operate.  I did a few things on his laptop at the Computer Club on Saturday morning.  It was a real busy day and some people who wanted help I just couldn't get around to there were so many after assistance.

But then they get help for nothing so it isn't too bad.

With footy being a late start I offered to go to this guy's place and do some more stuff for him on his new laptop.  We installed his printer, swapped a heap of files from one laptop to the new one and I even helped his wife with her email program as well.  When we got the email program up and running she downloaded almost 600 emails, 99% of them were for selling stuff!

I had a sandwich there for lunch and headed off around 3pm to watch the footy at home.  They insisted on a cash donation to my wallet which I tried to refuse but they insisted.

I got home around 3:15 and discovered it was almost 3/4 time in the footy, my phone calendar was wrong!

While on the subject of calendars I keep a 'calendar' on my PC.  I download calendar files of the footy draw, the soccer world cup, cricket seasons etc and 'import' them into my 'master calendar' in my "Google Account" which is online and in the "cloud".

If you have a GMail email address you also have a free "Google Account" which has heaps of great things in it.

A 'calendar' is one of those great things.  The desktop PC calendar on my computer is linked to my online Google Account Calendar.  So when ever I update or add an entry to the desktop PC calendar it automatically updates my Google Account Calendar online via the internet.

Now my Android phone is also connected to the same online Google Account.  Android is owned by Google and if you wish to download new apps to your android phone or tablet you must have a GMail email address to register.  So I use the same GMail email address on my calendar on my PC, on my Android phone and on my Android tablet.

Any changes I make to the calendar on any of my devices is therefore copied to everything else!  This is very handy.

Check out all the goodies in a Google Account!  Log into your Google account and hunt around for your "Dashboard".  Blogger (where this blog comes from ) is owned by Google as well and is included in my Google account.  I also have websites there, some documents and all my contacts for my phone are stored there as well.

No comments: