Sunday, June 22, 2014

Roll On Cricket Season

As the blog title suggest, my footy team were beaten again on Saturday.  They have been up with the top teams for around 7 or 8 seasons now but it looks like that era may be coming to an end.

As the older champions retire the youngsters in their place just aren't quite up to it just yet.  They should still make the finals this year but I can't see them doing much when they get there. 

The weather continues to be very pleasant.  The wind is off the sea the last few days which means milder overnight temperatures but it also brings a few clouds and the occasional shower each day.  24 degrees or so during the day and 12 overnight is our current range.

When the wind swings back to the south west we get chilly clear mornings and delightfully crisp bright sunny days.  That is what we are expecting mid week coming up.

As usual Computer Club was busy on Saturday.  My PC starts even faster now it has settled down following the reformat the other week.  I can be using it in under two minutes from a 'cold' star at the moment.  Everything seems to be working brilliantly.

To repair some of the computers I help out with at Computer Club they too really need a reformat.  One guy couldn't get a program to run on his laptop.  So he decided to do a System Restore to a point back a couple of days.  However when you hit the "System Restore" link on his computer nothing happens!

I managed to start it in Safe Mode, I hit System Restore and again nothing happens!  His laptop really needs to be reformatted.  That is, take it back to factory default condition, exactly what it was like the day it was brought home from the shop.  This means you completely wipe everything off the hard drive and start again.

Most laptops have a 'hidden restore' section on their hard drives.  On this section is a 'copy' of what was on the brand new laptop.  When doing a full reformat, or revert to factory settings, this is copied onto the usable section of the hard drive after everything that was there beforehand is erased.

This is just what I am going to do with Trish's old laptop tomorrow.  It will take a little longer because her laptop came with Windows Vista on it.  So the restore process will restore Vista.  Trish got a copy of Windows 7 on a disk from the manufacturer a month or two after she bought her laptop.  So after the Vista restore is finished I will need to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7 over the top of it.

It should take around 90 minutes to have it back with a brand new copy of Windows 7 ready for me to load up with software.

It will be a backup for both of us in case we have a disaster somewhere with one of our computers.

We will see the last 3 episodes of "Fargo" tonight.  The original movie "Fargo"is one of my all time favorites.  Needless to say I am finding the 10 episode TV Series fantastic.  It scores 9.2 and is expected to win several Emmy Awards.

I managed to get my "Melbourne Bottling" completed Friday morning and immediately put another brew on.  I have stacks of empty bottles so a brew is needed urgently to utilise them all.  I will probably bottle on Friday of next week.

My brother continues to enjoy his caravan Trip as they head further north and enjoy the warmer weather.  When I last spoke with him they were at 1770 north of Bundaberg.  The enjoyed their time at Burnett Heads near Bundaberg.  From there they were off to 1770 and then Rockhampton to catch a Rodeo.  After that they were setting out for Yeppoon.  From there they thought they may head inland to the fossicking areas around Emerald.

My brother is loving it and his wife Jeannette is enjoying it more than she thought she would. 

No comments: