Friday, May 16, 2014

The "Want" Has Arrived (Along With The Rain!)

It is looking quite gray and bleak outside.  What was a sunny morning has swapped to a gray and wet afternoon.

The 2TB Portable Hard Drive I ordered arrived around lunch time today, just before the rain started.  After making the online order on Wednesday afternoon, I received an email with "Tracking" and Invoice information in it.

When I checked the 'tracking' this morning I saw the package had arrived in Maroochydore and I could expect delivery before "Close of Business" today.

I can't complain about the service at all.

As the photo shows I am busily swapping files across to it now.  This will take most of today I guess. The thinner 1TB drive will then be be attached to my modem/router which will be a source for files anyone can access from anywhere on my 'home wireless local network'.

The chunky drive will become my portable drive and a backup source for almost everything.  I can take it with me whenever I head out to do some computer and movie stuff for people.

I popped around to help an older lady with her "internet" on Wednesday.  Her modem router kept coming and going with its connection.  I guessed the fault was most likely a flaky modem/router but it could have been the phone line in.  She did say the phone was working fine which made a problem with the phone line less of a possibility.

Obviously the problems returned later as she then called "Telstra".  Within a few hours a team had visited her home to check the phone line wiring and discovered water had got in everywhere causing her internet connection to short out and disconnect from time to time.  I am guessing all has now been fixed.

She was delighted with the service and is now a happy customer.

Trish is considering a laptop for her Stitchers' group.  JB Hi-Fi have some specials and one looked a good deal, especially for Trish's needs.  I was checking one of my websites out today and one person commented the JB Hi-Fi deals weren't that good and you could get cheaper elsewhere.  I decided to ask him where he could recommend and he came back with a store called MSY.

And he is right.  I saw an Acer laptop, latest i5 processor and all the bits and pieces you need for $499!  This does include a $79 Cash Back from Acer if you purchase before May 30.  So cash price is $589 and then you apply to Acer and get a $79 "Cash Back".

Not a bad deal at all.

No comments: