Saturday, May 24, 2014

ACER

I have been 'at' Trish for some time to update her old Dell Laptop.  At almost 4 years old I thought a new laptop update shouldn't be too far away.

Then as I was checking some computer purchase info I stumbled across the original invoices etc for the Dell laptop.  I was amazed to see the invoice date as July 2009, meaning it was almost 5 years old rather than 4!

Some laptops last 2 years, others 3 or 4.  But 5 years virtually trouble free is really pushing your luck.

So we have a new ACER laptop on the way.  I jumped online, went to the MSY website and downloaded their pdf of specials.

What we have just ordered has the latest model 4th generation i5 processor, 2mb graphics card and a 750GB hard disk drive.  It is an "ACER" and currently this model has a $89 "Cashback" offer.  It is supposed to weigh 2Kg which is lightweight.

By the time you add delivery fee, 2% for credit card fees and delete the cashback, we get out of it all up for around $650 which is a pretty good deal.  The RRP is $899.

I noticed the price of the old Dell was $999.

No comments: