Monday, May 26, 2014

27 Again Today!

The weather continues to be glorious in this part of the world.  We are expecting 27 or so today and then another few days with temperatures around the same.  There is hardly a cloud in the sky and it is a beautiful rich blue color.

As a general rule Trish cooks the evening meal and I wash the dishes.  I did think the dish washing water was a little on the cool side last night and we verified that this morning.

It seems the heating element in the hot water system has called it a day.

I reckon it stopped working some time last week as I have noted the shower hasn't been as boiling hot the last few days. So I wasn't completely surprised when we noticed the hot water wasn't as hot as it should have been. 

I have contacted the Aged Care Program people here at Caloundra and one of their contractors will be in contact with me to effect a repair.

I have to pay for the part and the Care Group pays for the labour.  It is a great deal.  Usually the contractors are semi-retired guys and do easier 'light' work as a part time job and earn a few dollars on the side for themselves. The job has been marked "Urgent" so we expect/hope it to be done today.

It brings back memories of when we lived in Victoria and there was a massive gas plant explosion when gas supplies were cut to all Melbourne homes for days!  We didn't have a shower down there for quite some time during that episode.

At least you could have a shower here this morning and it wasn't icy cold.

No comments: