Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Kids Back To School

Until yesterday both Trish's and my footy teams were undefeated and they were drawn to play each other yesterday, Easter Monday.  This time my team Geelong came out the winners by a comfortable 19 points.  I was exhausted at the end of the game and little tipsy as well.  I knocked over half a dozen stubbies of my home brew along with a couple of other celebratory drinks after the match.

It is decidedly quieter around the house today.  The neighbours' kids have all gone back to school and the push toy with large plastic wheels which one of the families around here owns has been put away.  But the kids are due home soon and we can expect the excitement of kids playing out in the street to return.

My new glasses were returned to the shop I bought them from today.  It seems one pupil spot in the glasses was most likely too low meaning the two lenses weren't matched.  So it is another two weeks until I get them back.  I probably think I will get a 'computer pair' as well which will live beside the computer.  I tend to raise my head quite a bit so I can read the screen OK with my glasses right now.  It is another $40 for a second pair which would be single lens reading glasses.

It seems $40 well spent to me!

We watched The Railway Man the other night.  It took such a long time for this movie to become available but when I eventually did get it I discovered why.  It is an Australian Movie and they just don't come out like the movies from overseas.

We travelled into Maroochydore today.  We are after a couple of small side tables for when we sit outside. This is what we were after in the photo left.  They are available from KMart for $15 each and our local Caloundra store didn't stock them.  I could find them online OK but I wasn't sure about KMart in Maroochydore.  I rang them and was told they had them in stock and available.

So off we went.  I got my glasses sorted first, then the bank to sort out PIN's for my credit cards and finally to KMart in Maroochydore.  The lady I had spoken to had made a mistake and they didn't have any after all.

We weren't happy having gone all that way on a wild goose chase after we had rung up first!

But we stopped off at House Secret (an adjunct of Trade Secret) on the way home and bought a new lamp to go on the remodeled buffet.  Trish is very pleased.

So the trip to Maroochydore wasn't a complete waste of time!

No comments: