Friday, April 11, 2014

A Sunny Friday

People don't fully understand how long movie copying from one hard drive to another can take.  I eventually completed all my re organising of movie files around 6:30 last night after around 6 hours of copying over.  Everything should is better organised now.

I recently received a text message from very good friends down south telling us of a great 'buy' if we wanted to re consider moving back to Melbourne.

This photo will go part way to explaining just why at this stage moving from here on the Sunshine Coast is not on the agenda at all.  When I returned from my ride the swim in the pool was 'refreshing'.  However as Anzac Day approaches, I fear my swimming mornings after a bike ride are almost over for this summer.

I usually can swim in the pool from Grand Final Day of the footy through to Anzac Day.

Last night we shut the front door to keep out the cool when we went to bed.  I closed the window behind me while watching TV as the breeze was cool!  The season is changing!

Cyclone Ita is about to hit the north Queensland Coast.  That is around 1600kms away from where we live on the Sunshine Coast.  To put that distance into some sort of context, if you lived in Melbourne, 1600 kms would be north of Coffs Harbour!  The only effect we may experience here is the surf will be up a little.

We have just finished watching the TV Series "True Detective" which starred Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey.  It is an 8 week series and we found the first three episodes very difficult to watch.  Nothing much was happening and the story was confusing.  However the final 5 episodes can be described as 'gripping' and not to be missed TV.

We are working our way through the second series of Banshee, another very entertaining TV series.

We have drinks this afternoon with only two couples rather than three.  One of our regulars is down with a heavy chest infection.  Footy on TV tonight will be followed a shorter than usual Computer Club tomorrow.  I have a beer bottling to do sometime tomorrow, most likely before settling down to more footy on the TV.

No comments: