Thursday, April 17, 2014

Buffet Update

We reckon it was going to be at least $1,000 to update the buffet.  The few looks we had really didn't produce anything that we really liked.  All the time we have in the back of our minds a trip to Saudi Arabia sometime in 2015 as well!

So the answer we have come up with cost us nothing and the new buffet seems to fit in quite nicely!

Click on the photo for a larger view! You can see where I sawed off the top of the ladders etc which made up the former 'wall unit'.  The 'new' buffet hides behind the dining room table and all you really notice is the new large expanse of wall we have.

Family photos will adorn this vacant wall space in due course!

I am doing a 'presentation' at Computer Club on Saturday and you can check it out here.

We both picked up our new glasses this morning.  Trish selected quite a dark colored frame and she is having second thoughts about her choice right now. 

I am still getting used to mine and I find that right now they aren't as good for reading as the older pair.  But I was told the 'hot spot' has been lifted a bit on the lenses and it may take a few weeks for me to get used to.

No comments: