Thursday, January 16, 2014

Three Down, One To Go

The title of this blog entry refers to days over 40 degrees and the stifling nights that go with them.  This is the third day of 4 consecutive days where more than 40 degrees has been forecast in a row.  The weather has blown all plans we had of getting out and about while here in Melbourne out of the window.

Trish has given up any thought of heading to the tennis.  The idea of spending a night at Kim's unit has suffered a similar fate.  Our days are spent indoors where the evaporative cooling does a great job.  This has enabled us to get a good night's sleep as well.  Our days are punctured by a fleeting visit to a nearby air conditioned shopping centre just to give the grandkids something to do. We did a tad of baby sitting as well which tied us up, a distraction we rather enjoyed.

Watching the tennis on TV has been the major task of each day.

Last night Trish and I slipped out to visit our favorite Vietnamese Restaurant in Springvale.  The usual friends we attend with were unavailable so we did the trip on our own.  We were given a downstairs table.  I later had cause to go to the upstairs part of the restaurant.  The heat there was stifling so we had done very well to be downstairs.

The Community Association back home has kept me busy here as well.  A helicopter company is flying numerous repettitve circuits each day giving residents "merry hell".  My email account has been getting a fair workout and has kept me pretty occupied.

Yesterday I had conversation with the Fight Training Officer at the company as well as one of the major players in the development of Caloundra South.  I seemed to be on the phone a lot more than usual.

It makes me feel I am still at work, a feeling I don't need!  It is also stressful, another feeling I don't need!  And all while it is 40 degrees outside.

No comments: