Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Cooler Day ... At Last

Around 5:30pm yesterday the first semblance of a change in the weather began to be felt.  At first it was a wind change and the temp fell from 43 to 38 which was still so hot.  But there was a different feel in the air.

It is after 5pm on Saturday as I type and I expect I will be wearing long trousers for Kate's Party this evening.

We spent Thursday with Pat and Graeme at their new home in a gated community around 10 minutes from Kate's place.  It was a great night, enough to drink and we played around with our phones and Apple TV.  Graeme is an Apple man with his Mac laptop and Apple Air.  I wasn't much help to him I was afraid.  But we did a little more with their new android phone.

He was keen to watch movies and TV shows I had with my on my hard drive.  To cut a long story short, around 4pm this afternoon his new WDTV Media Player was working perfectly.  It had updated itself after connecting to his wireless network and we copied enough stuff over to a new hard disk drive he had bought and all was in full operation.

Last night we took my second WDTV around to Kim's and set that up for her as well.  They can now enjoy movies of whatever format.  Kim's TV has a built in media player but it struggled with some of the movie formats I now get, especially Matroska Fines (or .mkv).

We then headed to Chinta Ria, a well known Malaysian Restaurant about 10 minute walk away from Kim's place in St Kilda.  The Chicken Curry with roti's was to die for.  I enjoyed the Char Koay Teow, the lobak and the salt and pepper squid.   The photo shows Kim and Dave enjoying the meal.  Despite the cool change having arrived, it remained quite warm indoors at the restaurant.

Trish and I arrived back in Berwick around 11pm.

All is in ready for the big party tonight.  We have a hopper man providing the food which will be wonderful.  Hopper's are a Sri Lankan specialty.  Google hopper and check it out.

I need to get my long trousers on ready for things to get underway.

No comments: