Friday, January 03, 2014

The Heat Is On

Our thermometer in the backyard tells us it is 37.5 degrees at 10:15 am.  It is always a little hotter in our smaller enclosed backyard.  The house is all shut up Melbourne summer style with windows and curtains all closed.  It is expected to be even warmer tomorrow.  The air conditioner will be switched on later.  It is days like today we are pleased we put the solar energy panels on which makes costs of running the air con more able to be managed.

The pool was a little below 27 degrees this morning after my bike ride.  It may get to almost 30 in the pool later on today.  We still badly need some rain though as I may need to top the pool up tomorrow from the mains system.

My PC remains at the computer repair place as it is holiday time and the guy is taking a break.  I expect to have it back sometime early next week.  Trish and I have been sharing her laptop.

With the cricket now on TV again that will take most of my time over the next few days.  The pool will be a welcome option during any of the breaks in today's play.

I will be bottle washing tomorrow as I put a brew on yesterday.  It is bubbling away as I type.  I helped someone out with their media player and as a vote of thanks I was given a couple of cans of Home Brew.  They were very welcome.  I have an "English Bitter" brewing now.

There isn't a lot of news.  I am back to my bike riding and sorting out my new bike.  I do some small adjustments on it from time to time.  I am creating a list of items to be attended to at the first free bike service I get early in February.

No comments: