Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year

A fair bit has happened since I last posted on my Blog.  I really enjoyed the final day's play of the Melbourne Test match where Australia won to go 4 nil up in the series.

Trish and I then spent the Sunday evening with Kim in her unit/flat in St Kilda and possibly had too much of a good time as we were flying home the next day.

We returned to the Sunshine Coast safely on Monday.  Fortunately we arrived at Tiger Airlines in Melbourne nice and early.  They had several aircraft leaving first thing for several Queensland holiday destinations so the check-in area was packed.  It took 50 minutes to get from the end of the queue until we checked in.  Trish and I had to sit apart the plane was that full.

Neighbour Brian was there to pick us up from the Sunshine Coast Airport and we were home by 10:30 am.  There were heaps of things to do, vacuum the pool, sort out luggage and set up the backyard again.  I was pleased everything started up OK when I powered things on after being away.  Needless to say we slept very well.

I didn't have the same success on Tuesday morning though, my PC was dead!  We had a little rain overnight and in the morning there was heavy cloud everywhere.  It was quite warm too and extremely humid.  Not good weather for starting up electrical equipment.  It is at the Computer Repair place now.

Even my Chinese imported phone started doing weird things.  But once I put it onto the charger for a while the problems cleared up.  As the battery charges it gets warm.  This warmth helped to dry the phone from the extreme humidity we were having.  It is working fine again now.

This is a little better than I can say for myself.  We went out with friends Ian and Kerrie for a meal last night then back to their place to see in the New Year.  I am suffering a little right now.

I managed 9k's on my bike ride this morning.  It was a little shorter than usual as I thought I should be a little careful not having ridden for a couple of weeks.

The pool will be a popular spot today as the clouds have disappeared and we have have bright sunshine with temps in the low 30's.

No comments: