Thursday, January 23, 2014

Be It Ever So Humble ......

We flew back into Maroochydore around 5pm on Tuesday.  The plane had heaps of spare seats so Trish and I had a row to ourselves, allowing us to spread out and be comfortable.

By 7pm we had unpacked, I had sorted much of my stuff (update downloaded movies, unpack, set up the Waeco etc) and we headed to the local Bellvista Tavern for Tea.  I had been given a $25 Bellvista Tavern voucher for helping someone on their laptop so we put the voucher to good use. Trish wasn't in any mood to prepare any sort of meal.

We both had steak with chips and salad and really enjoyed it.  I don't order steak at pubs but made an exception this time.  Then it was a couple of beers, a glass of champers and we headed back to our home.  It was tropically hot and steamy.  And it was great to be back in our own bed again.

Needless to say we had a quick swim at around 11pm before hopping in to bed.

On Wednesday we awoke to our first morning back at home and another hot and steamy day.  Trish had Stitchers so she was on her way early.  I jumped on the bike for a shortened ride and the day was off to a usual start.  I decided I would ride around to Bunnings only 2k's away to get some 'trigger gun' hose nozzles and I needed fuel for the mower.  Up here anything plastic just doesn't last in the hot sun so to get a couple of years out of a plastic trigger hose nozzle isn't too bad.

As I was riding I miscalculated the driveway into Bunnings where there was a lip of a couple of inches between the gutter and the drive.  I usually cross these on an angle and ride up the lip that way.  There is always the chance the tyre won't grip and then you go over.

In this case the latter occurred and I have finished up with several nasty grazes.  I knew it was a possibility that I would fall so I was prepared to some extent.

Sorry about the photo!

With temps in the mid 30's and  high humidity, the pool at around 30 degrees was a great spot Wednesday afternoon.  The Waeco is fully in operating order so a couple of icy cold home brews ensured a great afternoon.

It has been very dry up here.  Thunderstorms were predicted for overnight Wednesday but these were expected to be hit and miss.  Caloundra was one of the few places to get a decent drop of rain, there was almost 60 mls in the rain gauge this morning.  Already much of the front lawn has turned green again.  We need a lot more before our lawn gets back to looking its best.

The rain and me needing to get a blood test done meant I won't be riding today.

I am pleased to say we have been home a couple of days now and my PC is working fine!  And I can also add that to have access to my home brew is wonderful.

Helicopters were comparably quiet yesterday.  It seems the Sunshine Coast Airport has been inundated with complaints regarding noisy incessant helicopter flights from all over Caloundra, not just from us, according to a local news broadcast yesterday afternoon. 

Now it is time to complete doctor appointments and get down the wonderful hum drum of being at home!

No comments: