Sunday, April 07, 2013

One More Ride Before We Go

Rain Thursday and Friday put a stop to any thought of a bike ride for those days.  Though overcast and cool today, I did get my 13k bike ride in.  I wasn't foolish enough to brave the pool though this morning.  Expected top for today is 23 and overcast.  However it is around 25 already in our little backyard.

We have new neighbours.  He is an older guy compared to who we have had in there previously but his partner/wife is somewhat younger.  They have an infant.  The only way I knew they had moved in was some lights on next door last night.  He is a concretor by trade and just emerging from a marriage breakup.  They have moved from another home here on the Bellvista Estate.

The TV has been turned to the Footy telecasts the last day or so. One game yesterday between Brisbane and Adelaide was OK, but the remainder have seen blowouts with the winning team getting on top and going on to a comfortable win.

Late Friday afternoon we headed into Caloundra as Trish had spotted some dress trousers which would suit my needs. I jokingly requested a "Seniors Discount" and immediately had 10% knocked off the price.

The new trousers are quite comfortable and will suit my needs.  The main suit I still had was one I bought for the Principal Vacancy interview for Doveton North around 1986.  I am not a big suit wearer.  At school I would wear a suit each Monday (mainly for School Assembly).  The remainder of the week was usually dress trousers and a sports jacket.

Trish had bought herself a new dress just to 'keep up'.

Computer Club was busy enough on Saturday.  We have two professional I.T. guys at the the club.  The second guy was after some downloads of TV shows.  His elderly mum is ill and he has been supplying her with stuff to watch.  I have invited him around home here to check out how I get my movies.  He seemed quite interested.  Always handy to a computer repair guy as a 'friend' I reckon.

We expect to finish Series 2 of Homeland tonight.  Tomorrow night I have a Community Association Meeting and then we will watch the final episode (a series of only 3 movie length episodes) of the new "Foyle's War".

We expect to leave here around 10:45 am Tuesday for our 12:45 departure to Melbourne from Maroochydore.  We arrive in Melbourne around 3:10 and expect to be picked up by our daughter Kate and go directly to her place.  Chris won't be home from work at that time and Wendy and the grandchildren will be up at her mother's as it is School Holidays. Usually we always catch up with them first.  This short trip we will spend Monday night with them prior to our return on Tuesday 16th.

No comments: