Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fine and Dry

We continue to enjoy fine sunny and dry weather.  Tops around 27 degrees or so and generally sunny blue skies. The morning pool temperature fluctuates between 19 and 21.  21 degrees is just OK for a quick swim but 19 is too close to cold to be comfortable. I still swim most mornings after my bike ride.

The week has been 'same old, same old'.  Anzac Day morning was spent sorting out stuff for the community association while AFL on the TV took over the afternoon and early evening.  There were no drinks on Friday as one couple was in recovery mode from the funeral and guests and the other couple had commitments with Marg's mum and her ongoing chemo treatment for cancer.

I 'bottled' yesterday so there is another task out of the way.  The new bottles I purchased to replace all the old ones seem more flimsy.  A recent lager was a a little 'frothy' indicating a lively brew.  The result is when 'organising' things yesterday  I discovered two new bottles had split at the base. This meant removing the bottles, washing out the polystyrene box and then putting them all back.

Usually I go 'yes it is ready to bottle today but I will give it one more day just to be sure'.  Possibly I went a day early with the lot that is causing bottles to split.

Trish continues to have pain from her back where she fell while we were down in Melbourne.  Her crook shoulder still causes discomfort as well but seems to be improving very very slowly.

The local who decided to change his Bigpond password and cut himself off the internet has informed me he has left some cash for me at the home brew shop in town which is nice of him. I managed to get him back online, sort out his version of Office and reinstall Internet Download Manager for him.

Computer Club is on this morning and then we have bundles of sport on TV later today.

Slowly but surely I am working out the new Android tablet we have bought.  Trish never uses it while I find it handy to check stuff out on the internet, tune into Melbourne radio and play the odd game of solitaire.

We have just completed watching all Series 7 of the UK Police show "Lewis".  We did like it.  

No comments: