Friday, April 05, 2013

Autumn Arrives

The glorious weather we experienced earlier in the week has given way to cooler temperatures and blustery winds.  Overnight rain the last two nights has curtailed any thought of bike riding.  Yesterday we awoke to 16mls in the gauge, this morning there were 47 mls.

And we have a blustery cooler southerly wind as well.  For the first time for a long time the back sliding door was closed all night.  Even the front door was closed as well.

There isn't a lot of news.  A short shopping excursion yesterday followed our trip to the Chiropractor.  My back now feels the best it has for around 4 weeks.

We are beginning to get into 'travelling to Melbourne' mode.  With a wedding to get to I have discovered all my suits and dress trousers have shrunk!  I have sports coats and the like in Melbourne but I probably need a pair of trousers which fit me.  Trish is checking some shops out this morning for me after she has been to Friday "Quilters'.

I have been busy 'training' Brian over the road on how to download movies and TV Shows.  He enjoys the action movies.  If the description has thrills, action, in it, that is a movie for him.  The more blood the better he reckons.  He also likes some of the Sci-Fi stuff that Trish and I aren't into.

I have got him onto uTorrent and he is now keeping himself up to date with the TV Series "Arrow".

We are half way through series two of "Homeland".  Last night we watched Episode 5 and the whole story has been completely turned on its head.

I managed to get a bottling in yesterday.  Supplies are back to almost 100% again now.  It also means I won't have to worry about anything upon our return from Melbourne.

Friends Ian and Kerrie jetted off for a 10 day overseas trip yesterday.  I am not sure if 10 days is really long enough to travel overseas.  They are doing Singapore and KL. It will be interesting to get their views upon their return.

There won't be a Friday drinks session today, I may have to pop into Caloundra for new trousers anyway.

The weekend will spent the usual way as any other weekend would be spent during the AFL footy Season!  Both our teams play on Sunday so we can just sit back and relax for tonight and tomorrow!

No comments: