Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Almost 30 Degrees Today

We have an absolutely gorgeous day today, lovely sunny and warm weather after a cool morning with an overnight low in the high teens.  Yesterday was cooler with a top around 25 but we had an overnight low overnight Sunday of around 11 degrees.  Yesterday's ride was a little chilly while today's 13k's was warmer.

However the pool was 19 yesterday and too cold for a swim.  Today was a little warmer but today's swim was quite brief.

Our friend's mum passed away around lunchtime Saturday.  She was around 90.  The family are all up from intestate and locally and the funeral is at 1pm today.  We are heading off shortly then back to their place to meet family and have a few drinks.

Foolishly I did some online research on solar energy on Sunday.  I completed a query form and have been inundated with companies wanting to come and provide a quote.  I must admit the learning curve on solar energy has been severe.  The price differential has been severe as well with quotes on smaller systems around 2kw varying from $3000 to $4600.  Of course the more expensive company declares it uses better quality panels and inverters.

There doesn't appear a lot of difference in panel quality as nearly all are from China.  The difference does appear to be in the inverter supplied.

I bottle washed yesterday and now all is ready to go.  I will most likely bottle on Friday.

At computer club on Saturday I was given another 700mls of 40% alcohol.  Our supply of rum has now been replenished.  I am getting another 1.25 litres this Saturday and that will be become Bourbon.

I was busy helping a guy out with computer yesterday and managed to get it all back together again.  Somehow instead of a System Restore he did a full computer restore.

It took some messing about but I got there eventually. He had also lost his internet connection.

He called me back this morning saying he again had problems.  While he was on Bigpond he decided to change his password.  The password has been changed and as a result he can't get on the internet anymore.  I will have to go back tomorrow after today's funeral and reset the modem with the new password for him.

He had an attack on Firefox and the default search engine had been changed to something called Portaldosites.  I got rid of the the search engine from Firefox after some mucking around but each time he restarted Firefox it went to Portaldosites again.  It turned out the icons for Firfox on his desktop were to start Firefox at the Portaldosites search page.  After deleting the icons and putting some 'new' ones from the original firefox.exe file everything worked OK again.

Now we have the funeral to get to.  My new dark trousers will get another 'outing'.

Our new neighbour popped over on Sunday and said he would would pressure hose my driveway for me.  As we want to repaint it the offer was gratefully received.  I mowed both our lawns this morning but I still think I got the better end of the deal.

No comments: