Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Southerly Buster

After a hot Monday, a southerly buster change blew in early Monday night.  The temp dropped quickly but the wind speed stayed up all night.  It was blowing in straight off the new housing development across the road.  We awoke Tuesday morning to see everything covered in dust!  Trish swept the house out, then vacuumed and steam cleaned the floor.

The house remained closed up for the rest of Tuesday.  Outside one of the tall pot plants had blown over and potting mix was spread over the pavers and into the pool.

I started cleaning the backyard and pool around 5:45 am on Tuesday and had it looking reasonable by around 7am.  But then the wind blew a gale again and went all day, it was so unpleasant outside.  The wind was so bad they even stopped work on the new estate!

Today is still a little windy but nowhere near as bad as yesterday! This is what I had when I swept under the pergola around lunchtime today.

Tomorrow morning the wind is expected to be gone so I will hose everything down around the pool to wash away the dust!

I had a guy ring me asking for information on what sort of laptop he should buy.  He has now bought an 'ultra book' online from Catch of the Day.  These are light weight very thin laptops.  It has an i7 processor (the best available in the Intel range), 4GB Ram, a 1GB video card and a 500GB drive.  He will eventually pay $660 after a $148 cash back deal from the manufacturer.  I reckon that is a great deal for an extremely lightweight laptop.

Trish visits the surgeon tomorrow to check her shoulder out.  She hurt it after a fall several months ago and it seems to be taking an eternity to get better.  Tomorrow's appointment will tell us if it will right itself eventually or if some surgery is recommended.

Meanwhile I will have Community Association stuff to deal with tomorrow.  We have a local newspaper coming out for a photo on a project we have been successful with.

This morning I braved the windy weather and had a bike ride.  I had to cut it short because I met up with three different groups of people who wanted to chat about Community Association issues.  Needless to say I didn't mind! It still took me well over an hour to do the ride.  Then I put a home brew on!

Today is around 24 while yesterday was a little cooler.  The pool is back down to 21.5 after being almost 26 on Monday afternoon.  The blue blow up pool chair has been resurrected and is in use.  It is a great place to enjoy an icy home brew!

No comments: