Friday, October 26, 2012

Heat Returns

I keep some rainfall figures here at home.  I am fairly routine at entering new info but there really needs to be the best part of 1ml in the gauge before I record it.  Check my figures out here.  Now I haven't updated this page for a few weeks now because we haven't had any rain.

Since mid July there are only 5 rainfall daily entries, and 3 of those are 4mls or less. So it has been 'dry!'

So the news levels have been low.  Yesterday I had a quick meeting with a reporter to do with the Community Association and then Trish and I had to go to Buderim for an MRI on her shoulder.  We won't know any outcome on that for several weeks.

The terrible winds from earlier in the week have abated.  Today will get to around 30 degrees and the wind is from the north west, and shouldn't be full of dust from the new development.  I cleaned the pool filter yesterday, you could tell it has been dusty.

The pool certainly looks inviting. The pool was 21 or so this morning and a little brisk for my swim after my daily bike ride.

We have drinks this afternoon as usual. 

I have had the use of a $200 Android "Tablet" for the week from the SC Computer Club.  I have had a bit of a play with it and I have certainly learnt a bit about them.  It has been a bit of fun.  I can connect to my home network and watch movies.  I can easily get onto the net and do some 'surfing'.  It really is a glorified and much bigger 'smart phone'.  Even at that price, I really couldn't justify spending the money on one for my needs.

Some of the downloaded TV shows I watched on it looked great.

I spent a little time today deleting some of my personal stuff off it as I am due to return it tomorrow morning.  If I didn't know how to do something on the tablet I just used Google on my desk top to solve the problem.  Google works very well.

No comments: