Tuesday, October 02, 2012

New Concrete Hiccup

We have had a problem arise with the new concrete area.  I was told the sealer was quick drying and that the concrete guy could walk on it carefully after an hour or two.  He came around again the next morning (Sunday) and walked on it without any hassles.

As the photo shows I put the outdoor setting on the new work at least 24 hours after the sealer had been sprayed on.  I slid the table to a better position and later noticed some marks where I had slid the table.  I gently brushed them with a soft broom to see if I could get rid of them.

The next morning (Monday) I noticed the marks were still there.  I then gave them a firmer sweep, almost 48 hours after the sealer had been administered.  Other marks have appeared where no one has walked.  The concrete guy will return later in the week to give the area another spray with sealer. My firmer sweep well over 40 hours after the spray went on has made the problem even worse.

Hopefully everything will be OK.

Needless to say we have been 'shopping' checking out Bunnings for other paint etc.  My old drill is showing its age so I replaced it as well.  Today Tuesday we headed into town to look for a smaller outdoor setting to place under the patio.

Trish had her eyes on a cane setting but we finished up with two more sling back chairs and this great little outdoor coffee table.

We now have an abundance of slingback chairs (8 of them) but they are always handy when we have people around.  The coffee table is perfect.  We now think the larger table (in the photo in the post below) will go and we will get another second coffee table to take its place.

We had 4mls of rain overnight, the result of all yesterday's cool, cloudy and overcast weather.  The sun has found its way out again today after an early shower.  Right now it is around 23 degrees.

We are expecting around 30 degrees later in the week.

Despite the cool weather, I had to wash bottles today.  I will possibly bottle either Thursday or Friday.

No comments: