Thursday, October 11, 2012

Almost Like Winter

A Melbourne style cold change arrived around 2pm this afternoon.  It rapidly went from around 26 degrees to 18 in a matter of minutes.  It had been threatening all morning and its arrival had been forecast.

I was on the bike for my 12k bike ride early enough.  It was quite windy so riding wasn't much fun.

Then it was home to mess around on the computer while Trish got some of her stuff with the website she runs up to date.  I found a new TV Show to download and set about doing that.

Mid morning we were in the car and off to look at pots for the new concrete area.  We found what we wanted, bought the obligatory potting mix and headed home to set it all up.  But the cool wet change came through and all potting was curtailed.

We badly needed the 16mls of rain which followed.  The pool was down quite a lot, I would have had to add some water on Friday.  The overflow from the downpipe worked perfectly and all but a around 1 cm of water was all that was needed to fully top it up.  The rain had arrived just in time.

So we still have pots to be re potted, others to be setup and moving of items around as required still to be finalized.

I did get a brew on this afternoon and it should be bubbling about now.

Tonight Trish is out to "Book Club" and I have a little Community Association work to do. But the media player beckons and I might just watch an episode of "The Unit". I have the track suit trousers back out again and I have found my slippers as well.  Around 22 or so tomorrow.

No comments: