Saturday, October 06, 2012

27 Degrees and Sunny

Despite there only being three of us for drinks last night, we sure had a great time.  Fortunately Ian lives 'just around the corner' as his drive home would have been through foggy eyes.  But it was fun. We had a BBQ for tea and the meat was just exquisite.  I have the Weber BBQ worked out perfectly and the steak was cooked as each person desired.

I had a little 'tummy trouble' overnight so I didn't get the best night's sleep.

I was OK by the time I needed to go to Computer Club this morning where I again had some interesting problems.  One lady had inadvertently lost her "Contacts" folder and therefore Windows Mail didn't want to start.  I created a new "Contacts" folder but still no start up.  I put her onto the email client "Thunderbird".  It installed perfectly and we got all of her emails back.  She has to do the contacts again but that is easy to do from the emails she now has to add to her Contacts. She was delighted with the outcome.

One of the Daily Deal sites I go to is called "Grabone".  Almost 2 months ago I bought 8 generic Mach 3 razor cartridges for $13 delivered.  The first lot were 'lost' in the mail.  I was assured the replacements would be delivered within 10 days.  The days came and went and no replacement was received.  Today I received an email from them offering me a full refund.

I just went to eBay and 'won' an auction for 8 genuine Gillette blades for $12 delivered!  I am in front by a $1 and have 'Genuine" rather than a Generic brand.

Yesterday we set the gazebo up over the new concrete area.  Trish then soon saw that it really needs to go in the 'corner' to provide effective shade.  Otherwise later in the afternoon you have to sit outside the gazebo to be in the shade.

I packed it all up after our little test and put it away in its rollaway cover.  With the concrete guy coming in the next day or so I gave the area a quick hose down late this afternoon.  The water made any color problem with the concrete color look even worse.  You could even see the double wheel marks of the gazebo container in the concrete.  The sealer was applied 6 days ago.

And I did my bottling this afternoon.  Full supplies have been restored.

A delightful 27 degrees this afternoon and an even warmer 30 or so tomorrow.  If it is reasonably warm overnight the pool may not lose all of the warmth it gained today.  It was still a cool 24 this afternoon, a little on the brisk side for enjoyable swimming.

No comments: