Sunday, July 29, 2012

All Quiet On The Sunny Coast

Lovely sunny days but it is a trifle on the cool side.  It is simply sensational sitting in the sun in the 'back corner' out of the breeze though.

I have spent a great deal of time downloading stuff to watch on TV over the last few years.  It then becomes difficult to delete stuff I have seen as you never know if you want to watch it again or if anyone else wants it.  Therefore I am reluctant to delete movies.  This means I have filled up quite a bit of my hard disk drives with old movies and TV Shows.  On top of that I have most of the stuff 'backed up' as well just in case one HDD dies!

Much of Friday was spent putting on older 320GB hard disk drive I have back into service.  This has freed up some space on my major back up drive, a 2TB drive.  The extra 200+MB that I now have available gives me some extra breathing space.

I will put in 'orders' over Christmas for Gift Cards as Christmas Gifts which will allow me to purchase another large drive to store my stuff.

Both our footy teams have won this week so all is happy around the place.  Our two teams are due to meet next Friday night, and despite my side having 'the wood' on Hawthorn with 8 consecutive wins over recent years, I fear the run is about to come to a stop!

I did my bike ride around the new estate over the road this morning.  The house blocks are sure smaller which means the houses are quite close together.  You wouldn't want a neighbour who was into loud music or who has frequent parties when you see how close the new houses are together.  This seems to be the trend all over Australia right now in a move to keep prices for houses down.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

Computer Club was busy yesterday.  One older couple there wanted to know about emails.  You can get emails either by the email company website or by having a program on your computer which actually downloads the email onto your computer.  I asked him how he got his emails and when he answered "On my Computer" I knew I was in for a heavy help session.

He gets them via the Yahoo website so I set Yahoo Mail up as his "Home Page" which means it is now just run Firefox and get your emails.  He wanted to know a few other things but I put those on hold as I knew we were already well into new information overload!

No comments: