Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Copying!

The weather continues as it should in this part of the world.  Lovely sunny days with a coolish wind. Top temps around the low 20's and overnight around 10 or so. I am back on the bike again getting my daily 12 kilometer ride in now the rain has stopped at last.

Both our footy teams had great wins over the weekend so everyone is happy.  The Community Association has had me doing a couple of jobs as well.  I was 'forced' to a meeting at the local Tavern on Monday for lunch and a couple of 'schooners' from the owners. They are seeking the Community Association's support on extending their hours three nights per week.  I think everything will be OK and they will be allowed to open to midnight Friday and Saturday and 11pm on Thursday.

Russell and Irene's visit is less than two weeks away so I have loaded up a 1TB portable hard drive with TV Shows and movies for him.  Another lady from "Quilters" is after some TV stuff as well.  This explains the two hard disk drives currently purring away adding files on top of my PC case in the photo. I purchase the drive, fill it up with stuff and then Russ repays me the original purchase price when he gets up here.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

I have accumulated heaps of TV shows and this now gives me a good reason to re organize them on my PC.  I need it so if someone wants something I can quickly and easily put my hands on it for them.  There isn't much value in having Downton Abbey Series 2 handy if Series 1 has been hidden away in some archive somewhere!

I helped a guy setup a printer recently and he is shouting Trish and me out for a meal at the Curry Bowl tomorrow night.  He wants me to setup Newsleecher for him as well.  This is a program which enables you to download movies etc.  The 'special' deal which I found on Ozbargain gives you 1TB of download (and that is heaps!) for $40.  There is no time limit, you just download as you go until you have used the 1TB up.  I reckon that would do for 4 or 5 years!

I have a brew on as well.  I am planning to wash bottles and bottle the brew on the one day.  Then I won't have to worry about drying the bottles.  It will make Thursday a busy day but it will possibly be quicker than doing the two tasks over two separate days.

It is around 4:45 pm and well and truly passed "Beer" O'clock!

No comments: