Sunday, July 01, 2012

The Sun Re Appears

Around midday Friday the clouds had parted and the sun showed itself again.  Saturday was perfect, around 23 degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky while the photo shows what were were awoken to this morning (Sunday).  It is around 12 degrees just after 8 am but the thermometer in the back corner in the sun is registering high 20's.

With Saturday being the first dry and warm day for almost a week, the washing machine received a good workout.  My morning at the Computer Club on Saturday was busy but enjoyable.  One of our drinking couple's is away in Sydney catching up with family, the other has grandkids to look after so we missed drinks on Friday.

We had the two toilet cisterns changed on Friday morning and I eventually bottled the recent brew I had put on.

So as you can see it has been busy.

The next two days will see us getting ready to host Kate, Arj and the two kids when the arrive to stay a week with us.  They fly into Brisbane around 7pm Monday.  The flight arrival time isn't the best but the fares Kate got some time ago more than compensate for that.  Trish will drive to Brisbane to collect them.  I have a BeCA Committee meeting to chair but I should be home by 8:30pm.

The weather is expected to be fine but a little cooler with brisk south westerly winds blowing for the week they are here.  Top temps will be around 20 degrees.

I will head off for my first bike ride in more than a week shortly.  The lawns will then get a mow after they have dried out from around 5" of rain during the week.

This afternoon it is back to the TV and the footy.  I am hoping my team can do as well as Trish's team did on Friday night with a great win.

My new TV delivery is still up to 2 weeks away.  Panasonic are due to receive the shipment interstate on Monday.  Then it is a 10 to 14 day wait until the model I want is shipped to the Sunshine Coast ready for me to collect.

No comments: